The Stellar 2022 Ford Edge Towing Capacity
If you’re like a lot of Torrington drivers, you’re looking for an SUV that can take on the job of pulling your boat or ATVs out the lake on the weekend. Can the Ford Edge towing capacity handle that? You might be surprised at what the Ford Edge engine can handle. This SUV can tow up to 3,500 pounds when properly equipped. Let’s take a closer look at the details.
The Impressive 2022 Ford Edge Engine Options
There are two engine options on the 2022 Ford Edge. Both are powerful for their size. But if you’ve got regular towing to do around Scottsbluff, NE, we recommend opting for the V6. Here are the specs:
Ford Edge Engine – 2.0L EcoBoost® I-4
- 245 hp
- 275 lb-ft of torque
- Ford Edge towing capacity – 1,500-pounds
Ford Edge Engine – 2.7L EcoBoost® V6
- 335 hp
- 380 lb-ft of torque
- Ford Edge towing capacity – 3,500-pounds (maximum)
Available Ford Edge Towing Features
Experienced Guernsey drivers who do a lot of towing can tell you that’s not just about towing capacity. You need the right features. Opt for these awesome features if you want to get the most out of the Ford Edge towing capacity.
- Intelligent All-Wheel Drive. This feature monitors the traction of each wheel and distributes power and torque between the front and rear wheels accordingly.
- Class II Trailer Tow Package. This feature is necessary in order to hit the maximum Ford Edge towing capacity, when used with the All-Wheel drive option.
- Trailer Sway Control. No one likes to look in the rear-view mirror to see their trailer swaying behind them. This feature monitors sway and reduces torque or even applies the brakes when needed to keep your trailer stable.
- Traction Control. This feature controls throttle to reduce wheelspin, which means you won’t have to worry as much about slipping or getting stuck.
- Hill Start Assist. Don’t worry about rolling backwards on that hill. This feature holds the brake when you move your foot from the brake to the gas.
Check Out the New Ford Edge at Transwest Ford
Are you ready to hitch your boat or trailer up to the new Ford Edge? We make it easy for you to get behind the wheel of this SUV, thanks to our offers and incentives. Our dealership is conveniently located near Fort Laramie, so drop by or contact us today!
More from Transwest Ford
With a sleek exterior and a bold range of colors, the new Ford Escape makes an attractive addition to any driveway in Scottsbluff, NE. But what’s inside the Ford Escape? Despite the small footprint that makes it easy to drive in Guernsey, the 2022 Ford Escape interior is surprisingly spacious! With up to 65.4 cubic…
Scottsbluff, NE drivers know that theFord F-150 is built for handling the big jobs. But, did you know that the 2022 F-150 towing capacity is a massive 14,000 pounds, when the truck is equipped with the 3.5L EcoBoost® V6 engine? What is the towing capacity of a Ford F-150 equipped with a V8? Let’s take a…
Torrington drivers often ask us at Transwest Ford about the 2022 Ford Explorer towing capacity. This renowned Ford SUV provides seating for seven, has ample cargo space, and a remarkable towing capacity of up to 5,600 pounds when properly equipped! Plus, the new Ford Explorer lineup offers a hybrid SUV capable of hauling large loads…