2022 Ford Explorer Towing Capacity
Torrington drivers often ask us at Transwest Ford about the 2022 Ford Explorer towing capacity. This renowned Ford SUV provides seating for seven, has ample cargo space, and a remarkable towing capacity of up to 5,600 pounds when properly equipped! Plus, the new Ford Explorer lineup offers a hybrid SUV capable of hauling large loads while being more fuel-efficient on Scottsbluff, NE roads. Learn more about the Ford Explorer towing capacity below with Transwest Ford!
Ford Explorer Engine Options
The Ford Explorer was redesigned in 2020, and as part of that redesign, Ford introduced new powertrain options for this beloved SUV. Check out your Ford Explorer engine options below to get a sense of which one might be best for your Guernsey lifestyle.
- 2.3L EcoBoost® 4-Cylinder:Delivers 300 hp with 310 lb-ft of torque and can tow up to 5,300 pounds when properly equipped.
- 3.0L EcoBoost® V6: With a 10-speed automatic transmission, twin turbos, and direct fuel injection, this engine provides up to 365 hp with 380 lb-ft of torque on the Platinum trim. This engine on ST trims delivers a whopping 400 hp with 415 lb-ft of torque. When powered by this V6, the Ford Explorer can tow a maximum of 5,600 pounds.
- 3.3L Hybrid: Even with its fuel-efficient capabilities, the Ford Explorer’s new hybrid powertrain still provides Fort Laramie drivers up to 5,000 pounds towing capacity.
2022 Ford Explorer Towing Features
To enjoy the most of the 2022 Ford Explorer towing capacity, take advantage of these wonderful towing features.
- AdvanceTrac® with Roll Stability Control™: This progressive technology monitors yaw and roll rates using gyroscopic sensors and helps you retain better control in the event of understeer or oversteer. It also has Curve Control, which automatically slows the Ford Explorer’s speed on tight corners.
- Rear-wheel drive: Not only does this drivetrain give the 2022 Explorer a sportier look, but it also improves the Ford Explorer towing capacity by 600 pounds compared to previous models.
- Towing and Trailer Sway Control: This system selectively adjusts engine power and brakes to provide enhanced trailer control and stability.
- Class III Trailer Tow Package: Allos for maximum towing capabilities, and is available on the 2.3L EcoBoost® and 3.3L hybrid engines, but it’s standard with the 3.0L EcoBoost® engine.
- Sidewind Stabilization: This system offsets strong winds, keeping you in control on Fort Laramie streets.
- Intelligent 4WD with Terrain Management System™: You can quicklyswitch between Normal, Sand, Mud/Rut, or Grass/Gravel/Snow modes for supreme control wherever you go around Torrington.
Test Drive a New Ford Explorer at Transwest Ford Today!
Are you ready to get behind the wheel of a new Ford Explorer? If so, contact us to schedule a test drive. You might also want to browse our new vehicle specials to see if you can get a great deal. What are you waiting for? Reach out to us today!
More from Transwest Ford
With a sleek exterior and a bold range of colors, the new Ford Escape makes an attractive addition to any driveway in Scottsbluff, NE. But what’s inside the Ford Escape? Despite the small footprint that makes it easy to drive in Guernsey, the 2022 Ford Escape interior is surprisingly spacious! With up to 65.4 cubic…
Scottsbluff, NE drivers know that theFord F-150 is built for handling the big jobs. But, did you know that the 2022 F-150 towing capacity is a massive 14,000 pounds, when the truck is equipped with the 3.5L EcoBoost® V6 engine? What is the towing capacity of a Ford F-150 equipped with a V8? Let’s take a…
Torrington drivers often ask us at Transwest Ford about the 2022 Ford Explorer towing capacity. This renowned Ford SUV provides seating for seven, has ample cargo space, and a remarkable towing capacity of up to 5,600 pounds when properly equipped! Plus, the new Ford Explorer lineup offers a hybrid SUV capable of hauling large loads…